10 of the best places to visit in NSW & ACT
With one of the most famous harbours in the world, Sydney provides one of the best spots in the country to grab a drink or bite to eat and enjoy such an iconic view. But the state also provides plenty more to enjoy, including famous beaches (and some that are local secrets), award-winning restaurants and regional natural beauty.
Indulge your creative side at the well-known Art Gallery of New South Wales or Museum of Contemporary Art as well as independent smaller galleries dotted amongst local cafes and old-fashioned townhouses. Spend an afternoon at famous Bondi Beach or visit Manly Beach and its bustling shorefront.
Escape the city and venture out to the calming seclusion of the Blue Mountains where the imposing Three Sisters will take your breath away or take a tour of the Hunter Valley for a taste of the local wines.
Australia’s capital city of Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory is a unique destination with picturesque streets, a thriving dining scene and of course home to Parliament House and Embassy Drive. Enjoy the territory’s natural elements as well with an afternoon spent canoeing along stunning Lake Burley Griffin, or perhaps wandering through the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve.
Our top tips:
- Taste world-class wine on a tour of the spectacular Hunter Valley.
- Be rewarded with the best view of the city after climbing to the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Explore outside of the city with a day tour to the Blue Mountains and ancient Jenolan Caves.
- Watch the sun set on the Sydney Opera House while cruising the most famous harbour in the country.
- Wander through the popular National Gallery of Australia and the moving Australian War Memorial in our country’s capital of Canberra.
- Discover Sydney’s famous beaches such as Bondi Beach, Coogee Beach and Manly and immerse yourself in their relaxed and unique café cultures.
- Head to the beach city of Coffs Harbour on the northern New South Wales coast for a myriad of attractions and natural wonders.
- Lake Burley Griffin, in the centre of Canberra, is surrounded by galleries and museums and well worth a visit. Give the bridge to bridge walk around the lake a try.
- Wine and dine your way through Canberra’s wine wonderland region with more than 30 cellar doors and only 35 minutes from the city.
- Enjoy the excellent dining, entertainment and twinkling lights of Sydney’s iconic Darling Harbour.
Click here for our New South Wales accommodation and touring or click here for the Australian Capital Territory or contact one of our friendly staff at Short Breaks Australia on 1800 810 910 or email@example.com.
Image credit: Destination NSW, unsplash